Sunday 24 April 2011

Stu vs Corwall Holiday 2011

So my parents have a holiday cottage down in Cornwall, in the quaint village of Mousehole. It's been 2 years since we were there but returned last week.

What a week. We were blesses with fantastic weather, no April showers in sight - though I am now thinking this is our quota for sunshine out of the way for 2011. The only blip weather wise was on Friday when we were caught in St Ives around Nate's feeding time. It was not a happy afternoon from that point on.

Anyway we enjoyed the sun, visited Penzance, which is slowly turning into 'Yeovil - the coastal version', wandered round two National Trust places and found a food and craft market that turned out to be quite good.

What I enjoyed most though was spending some quality time with my wife and son, something we don't have nearly enough of. I mean it was Thursday before I even turned the TV on and I had my phone off for the duration except to send a birthday message. Bliss!!

I refuse to do a blow by blow account of the holiday so I just want to say we had a great time, great food and Nate got to not only see the sea but paddle in it too, though judging by the photos he hasn't made up his mind whether he liked it or not.

Thanks Mum and Dad for the use of your cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment